OSEP Visit 2011 – Part C Results Topic
In September 2011, the Nebraska Department of Education, Office of Special Education participated in a Continuous Improvement Visit with the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP). The Visit incorporated a “Results” discussion which provided NDE the opportunity to meet with stakeholders to study beyond the issue of compliance and focus on improved results for students with disabilities. Part C selected the topic, Increase the multidisciplinary evaluation rate of infants and toddlers who are referred through CAPTA from 277 to 331 by 2013.
Please find below resources and updates on Nebraska’s efforts to improve the MDT evaluation rate of infants and toddlers referred through CAPTA.
- September 29 & 30, 2011 Stakeholder Meeting Agenda
- Stakeholder Participant Listing
- Results Topic Hypothesis
- Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) Information
- Nebraska Referrals & Verification Chart for Children Birth to Age Three
- Graph: Infants Birth to Age One with an IFSP as Compared to National Percentage
- Graph: Infants & Toddlers Birth to Age Three with an IFSP as Compared to National Percentage
- Chapin Hall Issue Brief, May 2011: Who Are the Infants in Out-of-Home Care? An Epidemiological and Developmental Snapshot
- Nebraska Projects Undertaken in Support of the Results Topic
- Part C Results Topic Update, January, 2013